Creative QT co-owner and co-founder, Dana Sue Hinkle, loves Making Time Together with her five kids by enjoying hands on food activities. Learn more about the Hinkle family and the heart behind Creative QT here.
So this blog will only apply to those of you where snow falls- but I had to throw it out there, as it is one of my kids' favorites. I am sure we are to get at least one more good snow fall. SNOW ICE CREAM- super simple and super yummy!
We follow the recipe from Gimme Some Oven:
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 cups clean snow or shaved ice (more or less, depending on the density of the snow)
- optional topping of sprinkles
- Whisk the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Then pop the bowl in the freezer while you run outside to get your snow.
- For this batch, you need about 8 cups (more or less) of fresh, clean snow.
- Immediately stir the snow into the milk mixture, and keep adding until an ice-cream-ish consistency is achieved. It should be fluffy and scoop-able, but not runny.
- It melts really quickly, so dish it up right away!
- My kids love adding sprinkles as a topping too, but this is optional (not really)!
A few extra tips:
We do a little less sugar, but that is all. And if you send the kids out to get the snow- instruct them on where to find CLEAN snow. We have a new puppy and I was a bit nervous of our first batch this season. It's best made with the light & fluffy snow, but the heavy snow works too, just a little less like ice cream. Enjoy!
Mercy is my girl who asks to make it EVERY TIME it snows. This is the batch she made.
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."