How To Build a LEGO Compatible Play Wall
Our bestselling Peel 'n Stick Baseplates can be used for so much more than just making play tables. Why not make a whole wall for play! We're sharing step-by-step instructions for how to make this 40x40 LEGO compatible building brick play wall in just a few simple steps.
- 4 ft. x 4 ft. plywood board
- 1 qt of paint and roller paint brush
- 16 Peel 'n Stick Baseplates
1. Head to your local hardware store and ask them to cut a sheet of plywood into the square 4x4 ft. for you. While you're there, pick up necessary paint and paint brush.
2. Paint the plywood. We used two coats, but pending on your paint color one may be just fine.
3. Once the paint has dried, use a ruler and mark with a pencil the corners of your first Peel and Stick Baseplate. We made a four inch border around the baseplates on our 4x4 ft. board.
4. Lay out all of your baseplates and join them with building bricks. This step is important to ensure that the building grids line up correctly when you go to adhere the baseplates.
5. Remove the lining off the first baseplates and place it. Then, keep adding baseplates making sure that the building bricks line up and connect so that the baseplates are lined up perfectly.
6. We recommend you let it sit overnight or for a few hours to ensure the baseplates are fully secured. Then, play away!
You could easily hang this on the wall in your playroom or kid's room! Or just set it up against the wall so that it can be used vertically or laid out on floor as a massive play board too. The options are endless!
Have you made a building brick play wall? We'd love to see it! Leave us a comment with a picture so we can share!
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."