- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
Deliciously Fruity Valentine's Snacks by @2hangrymoms
Valentine's treats don't have to all be full of sugar. We enlisted the help of Two Hangry Moms to share three of their favorite fruit-themed Valentine's Day Snacks. If you don't already follow these two lovely ladies on Instagram then we are pretty sure you will once you see these recipes. Head to their website for more tasty yet healthy snacks and meals for your kids.
RECIPE 1: Strawberry Banana “Nice Cream”
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Sprinkles, chopped nuts or fresh fruit for topping
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Note: The texture will be similar to a sorbet. If you prefer a more solid, ice cream-like texture, place in freezer for at least a half hour before serving.
RECIPE 2: No-Bake Raspberry Coconut Love Bites
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- .5 cup fresh raspberries
- .5 Tbsp. maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 20 pitted California dates, soaked and drained
- 1.5 cups unsalted cashews
- .5 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large strawberries sliced into hearts for topping, optional
- Combine cashews and dates in a food processor and process until mixture achieves a dough-like consistency (you may have to stop and scrape the sides a few times).
- Spray eight cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray, making sure to spray the sides as well as the bottom.
- Evenly divide the “dough” across each of the cups, pressing down with fingers or the back of a spoon to smooth. Place in fridge to set.
- Rinse out food processor (or don’t!), then combine yogurt, raspberries and maple syrup.
- Using a butter knife, carefully remove the dough from the muffin cups then spread yogurt mixture across the top of each.
- Sprinkle each bite with shredded coconut and top with a heart-shaped strawberry. Place in fridge to set.
- The raspberry topping is slightly tart. If you or your little ones prefer it a sweeter, add a little more maple syrup.
- If you want to get a second treat out of this recipe, double the “frosting” recipe and pour it into popsicle molds or pour it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss in some sliced fruit, nuts and shredded coconut for a delicious froyo bark the kiddies will love!
RECIPE 3: Sweet as Cherry Pie Roll Ups
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 package low fat crescent roll dough
- Combine cherries and maple syrup in a small pot and bring to medium heat.
- As mixture heats, use the back of a spoon to mash cherries till mixture is fairly smooth.
- Once mixture begins to boil, stir in chia seeds and reduce heat. Let simmer until mixture becomes thick and jam-like. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- While filling cooks, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten crescent dough into one large rectangle, then cut in half-into two long strips.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray then lay strips flat on sheet.
- Spread filling evenly across each strip then roll into one large roll.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until roll is golden brown.
- Once cooled, slice roll into small pieces and serve.
Yum Yum Yum! We can't decide which one to try first. Spending time in the kitchen with our kids is one of our favorite ways to Make Time Together. Thank you Two Hangry Moms for these awesome recipes to test out. Remember to check them out on Instagram, and see more great recipes on their website.
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."