This post is written by Dana Sue Hinkle, co-owner and founder of Creative QT and mom to five kiddos! Learn more about the Hinkle family and the heart behind Creative QT here.
We are definitely clinging on to all things pumpkin here in the Hinkle household. I love the fall and all of the wonderful flavors associated with it. I also love donuts. I mean like really love donuts!! Thankfully the rest of my family share this same undying commitment to sweet treats. Even Adam, who is not a pumpkin fan, raves about these donut holes. They are rolled in butter, and then cinnamon and sugar- I mean seriously, how could you go wrong?!
I would definitely double this recipe (plus, it uses up the whole can of pumpkin). For ease you can make them in a mini muffin pan (about a cookie scoop worth in each slot). They are 100 times better when eaten hot and fresh. I have been known to keep them warm in a Crockpot with a lid on it on the "warm" setting.
I use a recipe from www.damndelicious.net. This recipe makes 24 donut holes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, canola oil, egg and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
5. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
6. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. To make the cinnamon sugar, combine cinnamon and sugar.
8. When the muffins are done, cool for 2 minutes and dip each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
9. Let cool on a wire rack.
Don't they just look like heaven on a plate! Perfect for a sweet snack over the holidays.
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."
Shared materials are a thing of the past this school year so we've been getting creative with ways to make individual learning resources with our products. In this blog we share how to use ourStoryBricks® andPeel 'n Stick Baseplates to turn a small $1 container into a multi-purpose learning box which fits conveniently inside a student's desk.
Hoping to give your kids a great play table to create on whilst also solving the never-ending problem of storing building bricks? We've got a great IKEA hack for you which ticks both play and storage boxes!